While we enjoy all of our summer snacks, why can't our pups have their own summer recipes? Here are a few of our favorite summer snacks to cool down and spoil our pups!
Tropical Frozen Banana PupsiclesBananas are an amazing source of potassium, vitamin B6, vitamin C, and help your pups digestive system. This recipe is easy, and your pup will crave these all summer long!
- One Banana
- One and a half cup of diced watermelon
- One cup of freshly cut pineapple pieces
Cut watermelon and pineapple into big chunks and puree them using a blender. Set aside.
Slice the banana into pieces and spread these pieces on a cookie sheet.
Layer each banana piece with about two tablespoons of watermelon and pineapple puree.
Leave to freeze for minimum four hours
These fresh tasting froyo treats with a biscuit as the stick! This treat is also pawfect for humans too minus the dog bone, unless you're a brave eater. Ingredients:
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 large banana, mashed
- 10 small bones - shaped dog treats (optional)
- Combine all ingredients.
- Spoon into ice cube tray or small paper cups
- Push dog treat into yogurt like popsicle sticks
- Freeze for minimum 2 hours
- 1 cup of organic coconut oil
- A handful of blueberries
- A teaspoon of honey
- Add your coconut oil to a bowl and place over a pan of boiled water
- Wait until the coconut softens and shape into bite-sized balls
- Place the balls on a tray and put them in the freezer
- Steve when hardened, and store in fridge
Minty Blueberry Freezies
These herb-licious treats are perfect for freshening our pups breath. With parsley added, these bites are great for aiding digestion, reducing inflammation, and has even rumored to have cancer preventing properties! Mint is also a healing herb, packed with powerful antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral herbs that eliminate bacteria.
- 1 cup of plain or Greek yogurt
- Small handful of fresh parsley leaves
- Small handful of fresh mint leaves
- Scoop your yogurt into a blender and add your parsley and mint leaves
- Blend until the herbs are evenly spread throughout the mixture.
- Fill your ice cube trays to the brim
- Freeze until solid and serve