Fall time is filled with so many yummy treats, and fun festivities! While there are many tasty fall treats for you to enjoy, a lot of them can be dangerous to our furry friends.
1. Stem and Leaves of a Pumpkin - Even though 100% pumpkin puree and raw cooked pumpkin is a great source of nutrients and fiber, the stem and leaves can be toxic. It is not easily digestible and is covered with prickly hairs that can hurt your pup.
2. Acorns - Found all over the ground in fall, acorns can be easily picked up by your pup for a quick snack. Acorns contain tannins, which can cause an upset stomach, or in more serious cases, can lead to kidney failure. Be careful with your pup picking these small treat look-a-likes up while out on your walks.
3. Chocolate Halloween Candy - With trick or treating right around the corner, we can easily leave our candy-filled bags on the floor or somewhere where our pups can reach them. Chocolate can be very toxic to our furriends and get them very sick, if not lead to heart failure.
4. Pine Cones - Falling to the ground between late September and October, pine cones can surprisingly cause more harm than good to our dogs. Although they are not poisonous, pine cones comes with needles and tree sap. These can cause intestinal irritation if chewed.
5. Cinnamon Sticks - We all love to open the front door and get smacked in the face with the smell of cinnamon, but cinnamon sticks or cinnamon essential oils can irritate our pups sinuses, and mouth! The strong smell, especially with essential oils, can cause our furriends to have difficulty breathing.
Keep these in mind this fall season to keep your best furriend safe. We hope that you have the best time this fall and enjoy all of the leaves, pumpkin-flavored goodies, and hay rides with your pups! Tag us @sassywoof on all of your fall adventures.