Position Type: Full-Time (Non-Remote)
Are you ready to learn more about a small business operations while being part of a fun and incredibly talented team? Do you have an entreprenurial spirit?
NOTE: Attention to detail is important so please read this post in its entirety for specific applications instructions at the end on how to apply. You must be physically located in the local area to be considered for this position. Please be sure to describe with specificity your experience specifically as it relates to TIK TOK including your level of proficiency, number of followers, engagement, and other information you believe is relevant.
Sassy Woof, a small business that focuses on MODERN DOG ACCESSORIES & APPAREL based in Sterling, VA, is looking for a social media and marketing specialist with a particular focus on content creation on Tik-Tok. This position is ideal for a person that is looking to be involved in the social media world and the primary requirement for this position is an absolutely LOVE for dogs. Merely liking them is not enough. You have to love the paws, the licks, and the fur. We are in the dog industry, one that never stops evolving and innovating.
The role requires not merely basic but deep knowledge about Tik-Tok including its features, trends, and strategies. The ideal candidate has significant experience in social media. Preference will be given to individuals that have knowledge of have managed large social media accounts. The right candidate is a hungry creative and knowledgeable social media fan looking to learn more about how social media is a tool for small businesses.
• Develop & produce trending, product focused video content for social channelS
• Conduct research to ensure accuracy and relevance of content
• Ensure all content collected is accurate, authentic, original, and adheres to our brand guidelines.
• On-camera work, showcasing product or producing specific trend content.
• Maintain and execute the creative calendar.
• Collaborate with our team to develop content strategies that align with our brand goals.
• Create engaging video content that promotes our products and services.
• Take photographs and videos that showcase our products in an attractive way.
• Excellent writing skills with the ability to write clear, concise, and engaging copy.
• Understanding of video editing such as Adobe Premiere, Final Cut, and TikTok.
• Experience with photography and photo editing software such as Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom.
• Ability to turn a concept into compelling content, incorporating brand voice and identity.
• A good sense of humor.
A typical day at Sassy Woof might include:
• Social Media Content Creation alongside the Sassy Woof team to write, develop, schedule, and post compelling and error-free social media content.
• Monitor social media and the news for trending topics and engagement opportunities.
• Develop an ability to jump between the creative and analytical sides of marketing, and better understand content that performs well on social media by reporting on social media performance and distilling insights for our social strategy.
• Puppy playtime!
Experience with the following tasks is a plus:
• GIF Creation
• Photoshop/Lightroom/Adobe Suite Platforms
• Blogging and Vlogging
What You Bring to Our Team:
• Deep interest and a strong foundation in social media
• Excellent written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills, and strong attention to detail.
• Organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to multi-task/multi-project.
• Creative with an eye for design.
• A pleasant and supportive attitude goes a long way.
To apply, please send a copy of your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to highlight any and all relevant TikTok and social media experience.
Sassy Woof LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Sassy Woof to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment. NO HEAD HUNTERS.